- This event has passed.
3-Day Project Management Workshop
Monday, September 16 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until Wednesday, September 18, 2019
$1200 – $1500
In this intense workshop we will define project management types, fundamentals and what it takes to be a good project manager. You will assess your current skills and identify needed improvements to your current capabilities as a project manager. Participants will learn the difference between, waterfall, PMI and Agile/SCRUM and when you apply each and how they can work interdependently. There will be group work and sample projects to be completed during the workshop using the tools and techniques learned in the course. Participants will get copies of the tools for future use.
Who should attend:
- Individuals new to Project Management seeking to learn key terms and tools
- Those whose job has expanded to include Project Management
- Seasoned Project Managers that have mostly “on the job” learning and want to expand their knowledge and capabilities
- Anyone wanting to gain a profound hands-on understanding of the fundamentals of project management, the various styles, tools, and demands of Managing Projects as a project team member, champion, sponsor or project manager
Project Management Basics:
- What is Project Management?
- Skills and Expectations of a Project Manager
- Triple Constraints
- Styles of Project Management and their differences
- Project Phases
- Project Plans
Brian is President of Advanced Management Services & Systems has been in manufacturing for more than 25 yrs, and has held various professional certifications including PMP, TPM, and Lean Six Sigma. During his career Brian has managed hundreds of projects ranging in size from $500k to $150M delivering value in construction, equipment design, plant start up, ERP deployment, among many others.
He has worked from the shop floor to the C-Suite and possess a unique perspective and ability to communicate to all levels and silos of an organization.