- This event has passed.
Conquering Today’s Recruiting & Hiring Challenges
Changing times and a competitive job market have tested conventional recruiting and hiring processes.
How are organizations evolving to attract, engage and retain a changing workforce?
“Culture Fit”: Who will thrive within your organization?
Culture fit is NOT about uniformity. It is about understanding and making the most of what a person brings to your team beyond knowledge, skills and experience. It is about what will make that person feel more connected and engaged within your culture, and what will provide a mutually beneficial work experience.
Job candidates and new hires approach your organization with a set of expectations. Establishing “Culture Fit” puts mutual expectations out on the table for a better hire. Hiring for “Culture Fit” will engage your new hires on a whole new level and will lead to higher levels of performance, job satisfaction and retention.
- Assessing a candidate’s/new hire’s motivational strengths and ability to impact the team.
- Identifying cultural expectations and making your culture relatable.
- Aligning work responsibilities with intrinsic motivators to increase engagement.
- Showing candidates/new hires how they contribute to the bigger picture.
* Attendees will have the opportunity to complete their own “Culture Fit” Assessment prior to the workshop.
Ensuring your Recruiting/Hiring Processes are Diverse and Inclusive
With rapidly shifting demographics, globalization and increased customer partnering, employers are preparing to recruit and hire from a more diverse pool of candidates. Organizations are proactively taking next steps to ensure a diverse and inclusive culture and achieve desired goals in addressing a changing workforce.
Accepting a job offer is driven by far more than salary and benefits. Your recruiting and hiring processes convey your culture to candidates which will influence their decision to accept or reject your offer.
- Promoting a welcoming culture of inclusion when hiring.
- Re-evaluating current hiring practices to reflect a diverse culture.
- Reflecting on unconscious bias in recruiting and hiring.
- Retention: The importance of diversity and inclusion in talent development and succession planning.
Panel Discussion: From the Job Candidate’s Perspective
- We will hear from a panel who will offer their input on:
- What makes an organization feel like a good fit.
- What makes an organization feel truly diverse and inclusive.
Mary has over 30 years of experience working in various capacities that support and develop the people in organizations. She leads clients through Cultural Transformation and helps them align their culture with the critical components that improve employee recruitment, engagement and retention, specializing in: Workforce Development & Engagement Strategic Planning; Candidate/New Hire/Employee Experience; Mission, Vision, Purpose and Values Development or Updating; Team Influence and Impact; and People and Culture Based Leadership.
Tia has over 16 years of experience as an HR professional with a Master’s Degree in Organizational Development and experience in Lean Strategies and Processes within the HR functions. She leads clients through Organizational Change and HR Transformation to become less tactical and more strategic through centers of influence, specializing in: Strategic Management, Diversity/Inclusion, Succession Planning, Employee Relations, Employee Training Programs, Change Management, Performance Management, and High-Volume Recruiting.