What is MDI?
It is a method of connecting information to action with short meetings for workers and staff at different levels using simple visual controls on localized communication boards to highlight performance hits and misses. Common key metrics include; Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost etc. When an organization deploys MDI, it essentially is rewiring the management approach and behaviors to more effectively align to strategic needs with employees at all levels and support a corporate culture of continuous improvement.
In this action-oriented, learn by doing workshop participants will learn the purpose of MDI, practical methods for use, build effective communication boards with metrics, and visual management and the vital linkage to continuous improvement actions. Participants will practice live meetings to fully develop working knowledge and confidence of communicating performance and driving daily kaizen. Constructive feedback from peers and coaching from a seasoned consultant ensure a great learning experience!
The workshop includes a benchmarking tour of a company (TBA) using MDI where participants will learn through observation then provide constructive and positive feedback to the host company.
Who should attend:
- Department Managers, Directors, or Supervisors that oversee workers either in manufacturing or in administrative areas
- Leadership teams attending from same organization
- Leaders who have other systems in place that are in need of support
- CI leaders
- Day one: AM/ Lesson on MDI /PM/ Teams create MDI boards
- Day two: AM/ Teams recite “start of day huddle meetings” with constructive feedback on delivery and content/PM/ Teams modify boards
- Day three: AM/ Teams recite “start of day huddle meetings” with constructive feedback on delivery and content/PM/ Teams finalize boards, benchmarking tour, learning review and close
- You will earn a certificate of completion for the MDI workshop
- You will have a working MDI (Tier 1) board for immediate use
- You will have working, practiced knowledge of MDI huddle meetings
About your presenter:
Christian Wolcott, Optima Associates
Christian is a passionate change agent focused on inspiring organizational excellence. His years of continuous improvement experience in multiple business sectors include; manufacturing, social media, government, justice, finance, IT, service, retail, NGO and non-profit. His approach is honest, understanding and exacting; the alignment of people, the discovery of opportunity and provision of resources to understand the voice of the customer and needs of all people aligned toward service. When an organization has the opportunity to see and experience working with him, the ultimate result is an organization inspired, armed, confident and re-purposed to drive sustainable results with financial and cultural impact.