Would you rather plan a project with a cross-functional team by having a series of hour-long meetings and countless discussions/emails/chats OR by getting everyone into the same room for a day or two and really focusing on pulling together the plan?
If you chose the latter, Lean project planning is for you! And the plan won’t be foolproof unless you’ve considered risk mitigation. Steve Stucky of Lean Program Consulting will take us through the Lean project planning and risk planning process so you can plan your projects in a simpler, more efficient way. Your teammates will thank you!
Here’s what Steve will cover:
- Traditional vs. Lean Project Planning
- How to lead / facilitate a Lean Project Planning & Risk Mitigation Event
- Prep work, Process Steps, Techniques, Expected outcomes
- Steps to lead an effective project compression activity
- Project level Risk Identification & Mitigation plan development
- Connection of Project Plans & Risk Mitigation Plans to Visual Workflow Management
Meet your presenter:
Steve Stucky, Lean Program Consulting
Steve Stucky is a Product Development leader with over 30 years of experience in large manufacturing organizations. He has Lean leadership experience having led the transition to Lean Product Development / Agile methods in multiple businesses, shrinking time-to-market cycles from concept to launch, improving project team effectiveness, and increasing revenue & profits from new products.
Steve has led a Lean Office Transformation effort, and has had regional & global leadership responsibilities in Program Management, Product Management, and Strategic Marketing.
Steve is the current President of the MN Chapter of the Product Development & Management Association (PDMA), and leads a consulting practice focused on improving Product Development results for manufacturers using Lean methods.