Supplier Resource Management (SRM)
“Where’s my stuff?”
Many organizations are recognizing the need to strengthen their supply chain & sourcing strategies. This can be in large part to the uncertainty caused by the pandemic that has revealed within their current channels.
Part of the strengthening will come from the implementation of better supply chain visibility. Not only within the ‘four walls’ of the factory but also and even more importantly with the suppliers supporting the manufacturing operations.
During this review, Fane Friberg (Principal at Cephas, LLC – a supply chain solutions company) will be presenting some ideas and concepts on setting up a robust Supplier Resource Management (SRM) toolset.
Some of the components of the SRM appraisal will include:
- Supplier ScoreCards – a single version of truth for decision making
- Elements and weighting of the scorecard model
- Establishing purchase families or commodity groups
- Paired comparisons
- Quarterly business reviews
- Perpetual review of supplier (and MFG) lead times of indented-BOM
- Supply base rationalization
- Control towers to allow “BUY by WIRE” – demand-driven replenishment
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Fane Friberg is a supply chain executive with a successful leadership record of implementing a strategic mindset and driving tactical bottom-line results. He has extensive experience within operations, sourcing, fulfillment, S&OP, capacity analytics, and materials forecasting to maximize fulfillment and ROCE leveraging Lean Six Sigma tools. He excels in resolving complex issues based on available information, following the guiding principles of integrity, quantitative analytics, and speed.