One course of Optima’s three-course TWI Certification Program, this one-day workshop focuses on developing the skill required to train employees effectively so that they can perform their job tasks correctly, completely and independently. Based on the TWI JI training approach, you will:
• Learn the 4-step training technique to effectively train new and existing employees to work on their own
• Practice the 4-step job instruction technique
• Create a proper job instruction breakdown
• Develop a training timetable
• Prepare for instruction
Who should attend:
This workshop is for organizational leaders, supervisors and area leads who are responsible for training new and existing employees and who are accountable for getting results through their direct reports. Continuous improvement professionals and trainers who are responsible for building the capability of both new and existing employees should also attend.
Will stable processes, sustained improvements, and an engaged, knowledgeable workforce help you achieve your objectives in the areas of safety, quality, cost and delivery? Commonly, lack of performance or errors within an organization occur because of a lack of standards or inadequate training. Capability and performance are the result of good training and practice. Learn and practice the TWI Job Instruction technique to build your own skills as a trainer and leader with hands on opportunities.
Agenda: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Classroom – TWI JI – Developing Job Instruction Skills
- Shop floor observation – select jobs/tasks to train
- Classroom – Job Instruction Breakdowns
- Job Instruction breakdowns on selected jobs/tasks
- Shop floor activity – practice selected job/task training
- Create training timetables
This the JI component of the three-course Optima TWI Certification Program
The Job Relations (JR) course will be held on June 14
The Job Methods (JM) course will be held on Oct. 11 followed by graduation
YOU CAN REGISTER FOR THE ENTIRE THREE-COURSE CERTIFICATION WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR THIS JI COURSE
About your presenter:
Optima Associates, Inc.
Christian is a passionate change agent focused on inspiring organizational excellence. His years of continuous improvement experience in multiple business sectors include; manufacturing, social media, government, justice, finance, IT, service, retail, NGO and non-profit.