- This event has passed.
Utilizing Robots and Robotic Systems Safely in Manufacturing
Thursday, July 19 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 am
Free – $39
The use of industrial robots and robotic systems are increasing as they offer operational efficiency and cost reduction for logistics, fulfillment centers and manufacturers. As moving towards robotics becomes more and more common, the opportunity to reduce repetitive tasks, and for these robots to take on potential unsafe, hazardous functions for humans is immense. However, with every opportunity, there is a risk. Learn more about traditional machine safeguarding and the future trends in robot and robotic systems safety integration.
- Common trends identified in general industry with use of robotics
- Terms and definitions
- How OSHA could impact companies through vertical and horizontal standards
- Robot manufacturer lack of safety expertise
- Manufacturer, integrator and user responsibilities in incorporating robots
- System designs and risk assessments
- OSHA amputation initiative
- General machine guarding options
About your presenter:
Dylan Schroeder is a Safety Consultant for Horton Safety Consultants, a Horton subsidiary which provides comprehensive safety consulting services to a growing number of industrial, construction, public entity and service operations. Since 1991, Horton’s Safety Consultants team has offered clients a multitude of services designed to control exposure to risk at every level of operation.