VSM, Value Stream Mapping.
The term VSM and Value Stream and Mapping are routinely thrown around in Lean circles and dialogs about continuous improvement journeys, but how well are the terms, the tool, the techniques and most importantly the committed support to actually using them as intended understood? Fully 80 percent of Lean programs everywhere in the world fail in the first year with poor understanding and integration with Value Stream management among the largest contributors.
• Is Value Stream management tactical or strategic? It can be!
• Is a charter necessary to do a Value Stream Mapping Event. Yes!
• What should be mapped? What is needed!
• Is there a difference between future state mapping and future state design? Yes, a significant strategic difference!
• How and where is data gathered for the map? Always, always, always in Gemba!
The full answers to these questions and more importantly, your questions are why we’re serving up VSM with Toast for Breakfast. Come, bring in the New Year with your questions and experiences and share in the learning!
Christian is a passionate change agent focused on inspiring organizational excellence. His years of continuous improvement experience in multiple business sectors include; manufacturing, social media, government, justice, finance, IT, service, retail, NGO and non-profit. His approach is honest, understanding and exacting; the alignment of people, the discovery of opportunity and provision of resources to understand the voice of customer and needs of all people aligned toward service. When an organization has the opportunity to see and experience working with him, the ultimate result is an organization inspired, armed, confident and re-purposed to drive sustainable results with financial and cultural impact.